Thank you for your interest in the Nest Fest!
I’m so thrilled to get to connect with my favorite people in the world: makers, pickers, curators, farmers, foodies, musicians and artists of all sorts!
Here are some of the photos from Nest Fest 2016.
There are a few types of people we are looking for right now:
- Vendors of handmade and vintage housewares, or stuff that women love (Yee Haw!)
- Musicians (especially if you play the banjo!)
- Food trucks (must have a mobile food unit permit)
- Volunteers (we’ll have a shout out for volunteers later in the summer/early fall so hold tight)
Musicians: Send an email with a link to any helpful info about your or your group to
Food Trucks: Send an email with links/menu/and anything else you want us to know (you have to have a mobile food unit permit to come to Nest Fest unless you are serving something non perishable):
Volunteers: We’ll have more info later and do a big shout out for you. This year, we are looking for front gate and parking volunteers, as a volunteer you’ll be invited to the private dinner Nest Fest Eve. Hold tight, no need to email us yet.
Vendors: We are looking for handmade or vintage items centered around home or stuff women like us would love.
To apply for a vendor space: be sure to read all of the information below. Then, simply email a brief summary of your wares along with 4 photos: 3 close-ups of your work/wares and one of your display. If you have an Instagram account or online shop, link to that as well.
Let us know if you prefer a single or double space:: early bird prices for a 10 x 12 single space is $120.00 (by June 15) regular price is $150 and a double space is $210.00 by June 15, after June 15 is $275. We have a few spaces available for campers/airstream shops.
Both booth prices include two tickets for Nest Fest AND two tickets for a private BBQ vendors + volunteer dinner held on site Friday evening before Nest Fest. Additional BBQ tickets available for vendors for $25 each. Additional Nest Fest tickets available for vendors for $20 each.
This year we are doing things a little different.
After the great time we had last year, our one complaint was that vendors and volunteers didn’t have time to check out each other’s booths, and I didn’t feel like I was able to care for the vendors and volunteers in the way I’d like. So this year, we are hosting a barbecue dinner Friday evening, Nest Fest Eve for the vendors and volunteers. We are requiring all vendors to be set up by 5pm on Friday so we can enjoy dinner together and shop each other’s booths for awhile.
Once you apply, you should receive an automated response letting you know we received your email. Application deadline for earlybird registration is June 15th, if you apply by then we’ll let you know if you got in by July 15, fees and signed contracts will be due July 30.
Regular booth prices apply to applicants after June 15, just get your application in ASAP!
Email your application and photos to: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
2017 Vendor Application and Vendor Rules & Regulations
Application Process: Emailed applications from vendors must be accompanied by 4 photos, 3 close-ups of your work/wares and 1 of your display, summary, links and desired booth size.
Selection Process: The jury committee reserves the right to accept or reject entrants on the basis of the photos of merchandise submitted.
Fees: The fee for a 10 x 12 single space is $120/$150 before June 15/after June 15 and a double space is $210/$275 before June 15/after June 15. There are no rain dates in case of inclement weather. No refunds will be issued. Fee includes 2 tickets to Nest Fest and the BBQ dinner for you and a helper.
Space Assignments: All spaces are located on grass/gravel. All spaces are vehicle accessible for setup, which you may begin at 7:00 AM on Friday, October 20, 2017, set up this year must be complete by 5pm in time for the private dinner + early shopping for vendors and volunteers. Vendors are responsible for their own tents (white tents only) tables and displays. Electricity will not be provided. If you would prefer to set up your booth the day before, no problem! Just arrange a time with us once your application is approved.
Nest Fest is a ticketed event, we sell tickets for entry for shoppers to cover costs since we are holding this on our own property where we live and we don’t want to go bankrupt. A perk about selling tickets to an event like this is that we only attract serious shoppers–this is great for you as a vendor, so ticketed events should make you happy! Our permit allows for 1000 ticket sales so we do have a limit on attendance. Last year we sold out and we had a very full Nest Fest, happy vendors and happy shoppers!
Vendor agrees as follows:
- The Site fee must be paid in full no later than July 30, 2017. Your site will be assigned only after payment is received.
- Set up should be complete by 5:00 pm on 10/20/17 and removal complete no later than 8 pm on 10/21/17. If Vendor fails to leave site in the same condition as it was at the commencement of the event or to tear down in a timely manner, Vendor shall be liable for all clean up and other costs incurred.
- The Site is subject to final determination by The Nest Media, LLC and non-transferable.
- Vendor will accept full responsibility for the assigned site and further indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Nest Media, LLC, its owners, representatives, and agents from and against any and all damages, claims, or losses, and theft. Any disputes arising pursuant to this agreement shall be subject to the laws of North Carolina and heard by the state or federal court having jurisdiction over Midland, NC.
- Your Vendor fee will include two access passes to Nest Fest and dinner, as noted above.
- No generators are permitted.
- All applications are subject to verification of the provided information. Vendor space is limited. Yee Haw!
Any questions should be directed to Caroline at: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
To apply for a vendor space, simply email a brief summary of your wares along with 4 photos: 3 close-ups of your work/wares and one of your display. If you have an Instagram account or online shop, link to that as well.
Let us know if you prefer a single or double space (sorry no sharing a double space).
You will receive an automated response letting you know we received your email. Application deadline is June 15th for early birds, we’ll be in touch either way by July 15, fees and signed contracts will be due July 30. To view the Early Bird Vendor agreement, click on the link below. You don’t need to fill that out until you are accepted, we just wanted you to see what you’ll be agreeing too.
Email your application and photos to: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
Photos: Barrier Photography