Saturday October 20th, 2018.
This is our third annual festival and we’re planning on 2018 being the biggest, most special year yet!
I’m so thrilled to get to connect with my favorite people in the world: makers, pickers, curators, farmers, foodies, musicians and artists of all sorts!
Here are some of the photos from Nest Fests past.
There are a few types of people we are looking for:
- Vendors of handmade and vintage housewares, or stuff that women love (Yee Haw!) ESPECIALLY-small furniture and fun, unique home goods–this is a festival centered around Nesting and all things HOME 💞
- Musicians (especially if you play the banjo!)
- Food trucks (must have a mobile food unit permit)
- Volunteers (we’ll have a shout out for volunteers later in the summer/early fall so hold tight)
Vendors: We are looking for handmade or vintage items centered around home or stuff women like us would love.
Musicians: Send an email with a link to any helpful info about your or your group to
Food Trucks: Send an email with links/menu/and anything else you want us to know (you have to have a mobile food unit permit to come to Nest Fest unless you are serving something non perishable):
Volunteers: We’ll have more info later and do a big shout out for you. This year, we are looking for front gate and parking volunteers, as a volunteer you’ll be invited to the private dinner Nest Fest Eve. Hold tight, no need to email us yet.
To apply for a vendor space: be sure to read all of the information below. Then, simply email a brief summary of your wares along with 4 photos: 3 close-ups of your work/wares and one of your display. If you have an Instagram account or online shop, link to that as well.
Let us know if you prefer a single or double space:: a 10 x 12 single space is $150.00 and a double space is $275.00. (Payment sent after July 26 subject to a $25 late fee). We have a few spaces available for campers/airstream shops.
Both booth prices include entry into Nest Fest for two AND two tickets for a private, vendor BBQ dinner held on site Friday evening before Nest Fest. Additional BBQ tickets available for vendors for $25 each.
Last year was the first year we hosted the private dinner and it was a huge success. As vendors, we want you to have a little time to shop each other’s booths, and we also want to provide a time for our staff and volunteers to have a chance to shop before the big event.
We are requiring all vendors to be set up by 5pm on Friday so we can enjoy dinner together and shop each other’s booths for awhile.
Once you apply, you should receive an automated response letting you know we received your email. Application deadline for earlybird registration is June 15th, if you apply by then we’ll let you know if you got in by July 15, fees and signed contracts will be due July 26.
We will still accept applications after June 15, but they will be subject to a late fee if accepted.
Email your application and photos to: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
Vendor Application and Vendor Rules & Regulations
Application Process: Emailed applications from vendors must be accompanied by 4 photos, 3 close-ups of your work/wares and 1 of your display, summary, links and desired booth size.
Selection Process: The jury committee reserves the right to accept or reject entrants on the basis of the photos of merchandise submitted.
Fees: The fee for a 10 x 12 single space is $150 and a double space is $275. There are no rain dates in case of inclement weather. No refunds will be issued. Fee includes 2 entries to Nest Fest and the BBQ dinner for you and a helper.
Space Assignments: All spaces are located on grass/gravel. All spaces are vehicle accessible for setup, which you may begin at 7:00 AM on Friday, October 19, set up must be complete by 5pm in time for the private dinner + early shopping for vendors and volunteers. Vendors are responsible for their own tents (white tents only) tables and displays. Electricity will not be provided. If you would prefer to set up your booth the day before, no problem! Just arrange a time with us once your application is approved.
Nest Fest is a ticketed event, we sell tickets for entry for shoppers to cover costs since we are holding this on our own property where we live and we don’t want to go bankrupt. A perk about selling tickets to an event like this is that we only attract serious shoppers–this is great for you as a vendor, so ticketed events should make you happy! Our permit allows for 1000 ticket sales so we do have a limit on attendance.
Tickets have always sold out and we have a very full Nest Fest, happy vendors and happy shoppers!
Vendor agrees as follows:
- The Site fee must be paid in full no later than July 26, 2018. Your site will be assigned only after payment is received.
- Set up should be complete by 5:00 pm on 10/19/18 and removal complete no later than 8pm 10/20/18. If Vendor fails to leave site in the same condition as it was at the commencement of the event or to tear down in a timely manner, Vendor shall be liable for all clean up and other costs incurred.
- The Site is subject to final determination by The Nest Media, LLC and non-transferable.
- Vendor will accept full responsibility for the assigned site and further indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Nest Media, LLC, its owners, representatives, and agents from and against any and all damages, claims, or losses, and theft. Any disputes arising pursuant to this agreement shall be subject to the laws of North Carolina and heard by the state or federal court having jurisdiction over Midland, NC.
- Your Vendor fee will include two access passes to Nest Fest and dinner, as noted above.
- No generators are permitted (unless you are a food truck)
- All applications are subject to verification of the provided information. Vendor space is limited. Yee Haw!
Any questions should be directed to Caroline at: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
To apply for a vendor space, simply email a brief summary of your wares along with 4 photos: 3 close-ups of your work/wares and one of your display. If you have an Instagram account or online shop, link to that as well.
Let us know if you prefer a single or double space (sorry no sharing a double space).
You will receive an automated response letting you know we received your email. Application deadline is June 15th for early birds, we’ll be in touch either way by July 15, fees and signed contracts will be due July 26. To view the Vendor agreement, click on the link below. You don’t need to fill that out until you are accepted, we just wanted you to see what you’ll be agreeing too.
Email your application and photos to: FestOfTheNest@gmail.com
Our permit limits us to 1000 ticket sales and we sell out every year. Nest Fest is a full event.
This year, Nest Fest kicks off Myquillyn’s book tour for her second book that releases the week after Nest Fest. Attendees will be able to get signed copies of the full color, hard-back book BEFORE it officially releases!
Photos: Barrier Photography