Next Wednesday, January 11th, we are having our second annual Home Goals Linky Party. This was a big hit last year. I’d love to tell you that I checked everything off my list from last year. I did not. Here are a few questions I’m asking myself this year as I think about our goals
- What’s my favorite room in my house? Why?
- How and where does my family hang out together? What’s working for that room? What’s annoying in that room?
- Is there something in my home I want to do but I’m afraid? What if I take that risk? What’s the worst that can happen?
- What’s the purpose of my home? Is that obvious by how we use it and what is filling it?
- Do the objects in my home reflect our family or do I just have things because someone told me it looked good, gave it to me or bought it for me?
- Am I neglecting my home and not putting money into something that is needed? Am I squandering money on something I don’t need or enjoy?
- Stop apologizing for your home.
- Say more kind things than negative things about your home.
- Your home is for the people who live there first and foremost, honor them and also think about your guests. This means you can ignore what your well-intentioned neighbor, 80-year-old male painter, and kind-hearted father in law have to say about your paint colors and furniture placement. Make it work for your family for this season of life.
don’t forget to check out day two of the Growing Your Blog Series at Sarah’s place